Cheating is Fun. Open Marriages are Funner!
In terms of couplings, as far as I can tell, here are your only options:
1) Monogamous and Very Very Bored
2) Alone and Very Very Lonely
3) Polygamous and Very Very Mormon
4) Divorced and Very Very Poor
5) Adulterous and Very Very Going to Burn in Hell
6) Open-Relationship-ous and Very Very ... Satisfied?
Read on for today's AM New York column, on open-relationships and why they might not be the Devil's Work after all.
Okay, I've never heard of them referred to as such, but I'm sure someone thinks that. Somewhere. In (stereotype alert!!) Texas. Or (more stereotypes!) Orange County, California. Or (definitely NOT a stereotype) Fox News.
But never in New York. Because here we're all polyamorous - in love with our jobs and our boyfriends and our manicurists and the guy who delivers sushi in less than 9 minutes.
Especially the sushi guy.